Around the office and with customers, I have had a lot of questions about VMware VSAN. VMware Education just released a free online e-learning class for VSAN:
VMware Virtual SAN Fundamentals [V 5.5] is available to customers free of charge.
After completing this course, you should be able to:
* Introduce concepts related to the architecture and features of VMware virtualized storage.
* Articulate Virtual SAN benefits
* Identify the primary issues associated with Virtual SAN configuration and management
* Understand the primary use cases and customer situations when Virtual SAN is best used, including high level technical qualification criteria.
* Identify VSAN elements
* Enlist the prerequisites needed to configure Virtual SAN.
This training would be valuable for any engineers, salespeople or anyone else who wants a solid foundation for understanding VMware VSAN.